Deliveries are an integral part of our business, and below are some basic guidelines covering the more important aspects of the delivery process:
- Orders can be collected from Horchester Farm, but not until we have confirmed that they are ready for collection.
- Delivery costs are based upon the weight of the consignment, and/or the delivery address postcode.
- Deliveries are made between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm Monday to Friday.
- A contact name and telephone number at the delivery address on the day of delivery are essential.
- Access restrictions must be notified in advance and directions for difficult to find locations are always helpful. Low-hanging branches are a problem for high curtain-sided vehicles. Pallet deliveries are made using an 18 tonne lorry. Smaller 7.5 tonne vehicles can be arranged but must be requested in advance.
- When orders are ready for dispatch, the majority are sent on a next-day service, and morning, afternoon and timed deliveries can normally be arranged but at extra cost. Date and time of delivery is not guaranteed, as we cannot be accountable for factors outside our control such as increased seasonal traffic, severe weather and vehicle breakdown.
- All our deliveries are contracted out to nationwide parcel or freight networks. Carriers will not leave goods without a signature unless specific instructions have been given. Instructions to leave goods at e.g. with a neighbour, in the garage, behind the coal shed etc must be given to Rose of Jericho when ordering. Re-delivery charges are incurred if a signature cannot be obtained and instructions to leave have not been given.
- Pallets are 1200 x 1000mm with a maximum gross weight of 1 tonne. Most vehicles have tail-lift and pallet trucks, but note that carriers are contracted to lower the pallet to the side of the road only, and not to move it to your required position. The drop-off point should be level, even, and free of gravel. If the driver considers your access unsuitable for whatever reason, he is well within his rights to refuse to unload the pallet.
- Check that all goods have been delivered in good condition before signing the delivery note.
- We do our best to ensure that your order arrives on time and in good condition, but accidents can happen and Rose of Jericho must be notified of any damage or loss as soon as possible.