Traditional Paints and Painting Techniques Workshop
Posted 29th March 2022
Following the success of the first course, join Rose of Jericho and Francis Stacey of F E Stacey & Co
for a practical workshop on the use and application of traditional paints.
Date: Friday 20th May 2022
Location: Rose of Jericho, Horchester Farm, Holywell, Dorset DT2 0LL
The workshop will be led by Francis Stacey of F E Stacey & Co. Francis trained under renowned decorator Terry Taylor and has many years of experience working with traditional paints. He is knowledgeable on all types of paint and wall finishing as well as flat and decorative plasterwork, having worked on a variety of projects and historically important listed buildings.
The morning session will cover the use of historically authentic limewashes and distempers and the correct techniques for their application. The afternoon session will include more advanced decorative techniques and effects such as marbling, graining and scumbling.
There will also be an opportunity to tour the Rose of Jericho workshops and discuss traditional paints and other historic building materials with our expert team.
Places are limited, so to book your space please call 01935 83676 or click here
– The workshop price is £175 plus VAT per person.
– The day will start at 9am and is expected to finish around 4pm.
– A light lunch and refreshments are included for all participants. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
– The nearest railway stations are Yeovil Pen Mill, Yeovil Junction and Dorchester (some trains may stop at the request stops at Chetnole and Yetminster).
– Accommodation is available nearby at the Acorn Inn, Summerlodge Hotel, George Albert Hotel or Premier Inn and Holiday Inn in Yeovil or Sherborne.